Thorntown, IN Boone
- This position is responsible for conducting Cold Forming Heading equipment setups and operations (including troubleshooting) to produce quality steel, aluminum, and copper specialty parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Decides, develops, and plans a sequence of operations to produce part-by-part drawings.
- Plans and performs setups on Cold Forming Heading equipment (1 Die 2 Blow headers or similar Heading equipment and operations by drawing requirements.
- Completes work by the companies process for process/heading development and process documentation.
- Responsible for operating equipment to produce quality parts according to print specifications.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Formal Vendor training and/or certification in Set-Up/Operations for Cold Form Heading Equipment.
- Proven knowledge of Cold Forming Heading Equipment and tooling including 1 Die 2 Blow Headers or comparable Cold Forming Heading equipment.
- Knowledge of setting up and Operating Headers to produce parts to tight tolerances.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of people from the manufacturing floor to department managers, engineers, and customers/suppliers.
- Ability to utilize and maintain computer-based systems to track, log, and completely document systems, procedures, and activities.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical component blueprints.
- Ability to use measuring gauges (i.E. Micrometers, Calibers, etc.) to complete required quality part checks.
- Proven ability to complete Header equipment setups according to part prints.
- Proven mechanical skills and abilities
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.