United States, United States US
- Provides guidance for the Insurance Staff
- Optimizes productivity within billing by helping to establish goals that best utilize personnel and by encouraging communications and motivating the staff.
- Monitors tasks looking for synergies and efficiencies, recommending change when appropriate
- Makes sure staff is trained in all duties and ensures new information is trained quickly
- Responds to and interacts with Client on all aspects of insurance follow up
- Determines account distribution
- Tracks and manages accounts, ensuring that staff is working efficiently
- Looks for trends and patterns in accounts being received
- Payor issues
- Account issues
- Manages staff performance by providing regular feedback, performance reviews, and one-on-one meetings
- Oversees the hiring and training of staff
- Planning and structuring the department workflow and staffing
- Possesses the ability to work in a constantly changing environment, good judgment skills, and capable of making decisions with attention to detail.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and coordinate workload with high degree of proficiency and accuracy.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work easily and cooperatively with clients and peers, as well as staff.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on tasks without direct supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a flexible, diplomatic and expeditious manner.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of patients medical records and adherence to all HIPAA policies and regulations.
- Must be extremely accurate with attention to details, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent and accurate calculator, and computer skills. Including the ability to use, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, E-Mail.
- Associate Degree with a Health Care or Medical Coding & Billing curriculum and 3 years work-related experience or equivalent work-related education/experience.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Medical billing or revenue cycle experience is required.
- Must have excellent computer knowledge and accurate keyboard skills.