Denial Management Supervisor
United States, United States US
- Latitude Reports/Epic Reports to track employee production and monitor staff daily work
- The supervisor must develop and maintain excellent reporting skills
- Complete audits both monthly and interim as need to report on employee work quality
- Answers staff questions and tracks to determine need for more training
- Manages staff performance by providing feedback and one-on-one meetings
- Track aged accounts and summarizes and categorizes for presentation to client
- Looks for and reports changes in payor requirements on a regular basis.
- Looks for trends and patterns in accounts being received
- Payor Issues
- Account issues
- Provides face-to-face training to newly hired staff and provides retraining to staff on performance review
- Other duties as assigned
- Possesses the ability to work in a constantly changing environment, good judgment skills, and capable of making decisions with attention to detail.
- Able to work predominantly in the office, some work from home time may be possible
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and coordinate workload with high degree of proficiency and accuracy.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work easily and cooperatively with clients and peers, as well as staff.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on tasks without direct supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a flexible, diplomatic, and expeditious manner.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of patients medical records and adherence to all HIPAA policies and regulations.
- Must be extremely accurate with attention to details, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent and accurate calculator, and computer skills. Including the ability to use, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, E-Mail.
- Associate Degree with a Health Care or Medical Coding & Billing curriculum and 3 years work-related experience or equivalent work-related education/experience.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Medical billing or revenue cycle experience is required.
- Must have excellent computer knowledge and accurate keyboard skills.